I made the pattern back in 2017, did a very fast color check with Mom on the art, and then filed it away until this month. Stitching her up went alright, I ran into just a little problem with my own design calling for many of the whole stitch colors to become their backstitching outlines. Of course for maximum cleanliness I like to do my backstitching last but it left quite a few dangling threads waiting for me to finish one section of whole stitches before I could tack down the backstitching and move on. I also ran into the issue of the metallic threads for this one. I originally wanted to do all of the metal/armor pieces in metallic, but the immense amount of partial stitches as I was working was a real pain. Plus - I had done the crown first and even though I think it's ammmaaaazing with the gold sparkles adding them in really took away the color shading. I decided her gauntlets couldn't have the same silver throughout or it would make all of the small stitching extremely pointless. I settled for outlining them in a thin silver instead.
His artwork was just a little bit larger than the coaster's circle allowed for, so I ended up cutting squares, especially at the bottom. I think it turned out fine all the same. I did argue with myself a while on how best to insert this into the coaster. I could have force the bottom upwards more to remove the diamond/weird edge look, but that would waste soooo much of Excalibur's stitching. As it is I chopped some of Excalibur off to keep her quail hair included.
Color Total: 40
Size: 3 x 3 inches
Time: 18.5 hours
18 Count white Aida

Saber Artoria Pendragon from Luddeagle

  • You'll need to have a PDF viewer. Most of the time that means going to Adobe's Website and downloading it. If you're on mobile that means downloading an app that will work with your operating system.

  • 49w x 49h stitches

    18 Count: 2.5 x 2.5 inches